The highlight of my summer is the Peach Truck peaches. If you’ve never had them, you should leave whatever you’re doing right now, find a truck, and GO BUY A BAG – or 3. The peaches are juicy, perfect, sweet, luscious… I could go on and on with the adjectives. Just trust me – they are one of summer’s special healthy treats.
I was inspired by a post off of one of my favorite blogs – Love and Lemons, and decided to make my own twist on a summer peach salad. So, I did! And it rocked!! In fact, I have leftovers for lunch today, and lunch can’t get here fast enough.
As for the dressing – I of course didn’t measure anything, so taste it before you serve and add or take away whatever you need. I didn’t measure anything in the salad either – haha! So, add or take away at your own pleasure. The main thing is to get fresh ingredients!
You can’t go wrong with this salad – it’s a crowd pleasure for sure!! Happy summer y’all!
- 2 peaches – grilled
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach
- 1/8 cup of basil chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup of pistachios
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- Cook your quinoa according to directions. I made 1 cup (uncooked) and had a lot leftover.
- Heat a grill pan or fire up your grill. I just use a cast iron grill pan inside for quick and easy grilling with not much cleanup! I head it on medium heat and spray with coconut oil spray.
- While the grill is heating, slice your peaches and place face down on the grill. Rotate them 5 minutes in to get some hot grill marks! 🙂
- Cut your avocado and basil and assemble all of the elements on the salad together! Drizzle with homemade dressing below and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1-2 tbs of Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Vinegar
- 1-2 tbs of honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- a dash of red pepper flakes
Mince your garlic and mix all ingredients together! Taste and add more or less of whatever you desire!