When I went to Trader Joe’s this week after getting back from traveling, I bought some blueberries, or bloobs as I like to call them. They only had a HUGE carton of them, so naturally I had to find something to do with all of these extra bloobs!
I have a longer run this weekend, so I thought making some munchies for when I get a hungry hankering from all of the running would be a good idea. I’m always looking for a quick breakfast idea too, and this one seemed like a good one. I haven’t had them yet with coffee, but my bet is that they will go pretty darn well with a cup o’ joe! They are a bit savory, but have the pop of the blueberries to give it an edge of sweet.
I found this little yummy on the blog A Healthy Life For Me, but I turned it vegan and tried to take away a little of the maple syrup. (Always taste and add more if you need it sweeter). You can also sprinkle with turbinado sugar after baking as well for another sweet kick if you need.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1-2 TBS maple syrup
- 3 dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega Protein
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- ¼ cup of coconut-almond milk (or plain coconut or plain almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients in to food processor until completely combined and wet, this may take several minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with off set spatula until evenly spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Removing pan from oven, spread topping evenly over and lightly press down into base.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes