Well, last week before I left – I had to pack. My boyfriend took me on a surprise vacation, but being the little nosy brat that I am, I used deductive reasoning and the Weather Channel app to figure out where we were headed! Drumroll please…. NAPA VALLEY!!!!!! It’s one of my bucket list places, and I was SO excited!!
While waiting for laundry to dry so that I could finish packing, I had to use my time wisely, and use up the last of some of the food I had left. So…BAKE. Duh. I found a recipe for some random baked donuts but then really changed it around to come up with this! These little things were super moist and a great snack or breakfast treat.
We just got back last night, and it was beautiful there. Such a lovely, relaxing place and very inspiring food and drink wise. Here are a few pics from the trip, and no, I did not stay healthy or paleo or gluten free while on the trip, but the pumpkin donut recipe is below the pics. 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups of GF oats processed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2-3/4 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbs coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Process the oats until it becomes flour.
3.. Add the rest of the ingredients into your food processor and mix together well!
4. Spray your donut tins well with coconut oil and put the batter in prepared pans. Place in the oven for 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While donuts are baking, melt white chocolate over low heat with 2 TBS of coconut oil. Stir over heat until almost melted and then pull the pan off the heat. Continue stirring off the heat until the chocolate has melted.
6. Once the donuts are finished and cool, dip each donut into the chocolate to coat well. You can add toppings like a mixture of coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice, pistachios, cranberries or anything that suits your tastebuds!