As I’ve said before, I’m a bit obsessed with The Peach Truck peaches. They are TOO GOOD. I love getting a bag and then seeing what I can do with these little puppies. This is one of my favorites so far. I made a batch of this salsa and ate some for dinner then lunch the next day, and then it was gone – oops. I didn’t even share it with ANYONE. ALL MINE!!! I paired it with quinoa black bean chips from Trader Joe’s. So good!!
Don’t use a food processor for this one – keep it a chunky salsa – you won’t be mad at it at all. 🙂
I found the original recipe on Pioneer Woman and made just a few adjustments. Raw onions don’t do me well, so I replaced that with green onions, and since I used fresh peaches – I added a dash of maple syrup at the end to give it a little juice and sweetness.
This is a perfect snack, app or addition to a fun Mexican dinner!
- 2 peaches chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions (you can use one real red onion as well)
- dash of chipotle chili pepper (powder)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- drizzle of maple syrup
- Chop up the peaches, bell pepper, onion jalapeño and cilantro.
- Add all of the chopped ingredients to a bowl and add in lime juice then stir. Dice your avocado and add to the mixture. Mix lightly but don’t squish the avocado.
- Add your chipotle pepper and maple syrup and mix lightly! DONE!