Hey girls!! I thought I’d share a few of my favorite summer finds with you all so far this season. Although it’s technically not summer, it’s pretty much here already! I’ve come across a few MUST HAVE things for this season. Starting from left to right…
1. Lace Tank. This too cute tank is from one of my FAVORITE amazingly priced boutiques in Germantown called Pieces. Ashley is the owner, and she is too precious! Pair this with a bando and you’re in business. Every girl needs a cute tank for summer, and she’s got plenty!
2. Nars Tinted Moisturizer/SPF 30 – this little bottle is a miracle worker! It has awesome coverage, SPF and is super light! All I do is throw this on with a little blush and number 3 coming up next and I’m done for the day! You can get some at Cosmetic Market or any beauty counter like at Nordstroms.
3. Better Than Sex Mascara. Ok girls, let me tell you – IT IS!! It’s amazing!!!! Goes on great, comes off easy and really makes your eyes pop. You can get it at Cosmetic Market.
4. EOS Lip Balm Sphere. I love this stuff!!! It’s cute, the flavors are GREAT, and it works! Throw it on before a run or keep some in your gym bag or car to have handy. You can get it at any drug store or grocery store.
5. Quest Bars!!! You guys know I’m a Quest bar fanatic!! I’ve almost totally replaced my sweets with these bars, and have kept weight off! They are like little miracle bars. Gluten free, 1 gram of sugar and usually about 2-4 carbs. They have a variety of flavors that you can microwave for 10 seconds (out of the wrapper) and have your life changed! You can get these at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or online. Vitamin Shoppe has a rewards program so if you get them there you can save some moolah and they will match their online price as well in the store.
6. Skinny Girl Bars. I picked up a package of these at Target randomly and was blown away with the taste!! These are a great sub for a dessert. They have more sugars and carbs than Quest, but if you want to splurge a little – go for it. They do have less calories though…and are super tasty! You can get these at a grocery store or Target.
7/8. A Lulu Bra and Speed Shorts. What girl can go without some speed shorts from Lulu this summer?? They are super comfy and SO great to run in or do just about anything in. Have fun with it and find a matching bra like I did… Lulu has some great bras this season but get them while you can in the store because they FLY off the shelves! You can also check online for these. My personal favorite store and all of the gals that work there is Lululemon Hill Center so go say hi and get some Lulus!!!
Believe in YOURSELF.
In music we use the term “throw and go” when we play as a band and we simply get up on stage with no real band check and PLAY! Basically, you throw your instruments up there, plug in and GO! Hence the term… 🙂
So while I was down in Key Largo again recently I went for a 5 mile run and tried to take in every single ounce of beauty I could. When you’re running next to such beauty (see pic above) – 5 miles doesn’t feel like 5 miles! But I kept thinking about how much I love running and equated it to being able to throw your shoes on essentially anywhere and go!!
Sometimes it’s just me, outside and the pavement. I hear my footsteps hitting the ground and my breath in and out, the birds singing and cars whizzing by. I feel my heart beating as I speed up. I look around and see something different every time…something I hadn’t noticed before. And I’m alive. What an incredible feeling.
I’ve heard a million times “I hate running,” and some people really do. Some people have injuries that keep them from being able to run or certain limitations. But if you can’t run, maybe you can walk! Just lacing your fav shoes up, getting outside and taking in the day can change your life. So, I encourage you – throw and go my friends!!!
You all know that I’m a Lulu girl, and for GOOD reason. Lulu encompasses a goal-oriented, supportive community of men and women that are simply amazing inside and out. I put on these clothes and feel GREAT. I walk in the store and am greeted by smiles, support and love. Thank you to all of the Lulu employees and especially to Ciona Rouse who I have the pleasure of working with each week. You all are inspiring and bring so much joy to so many. Thank you for my beautiful pants, for your support and belief in me and so many others’ goals and dreams!
I’m not a shoe girl. I prefer spending my moolah on clothes. My boyfriend on the other hand has 80 pairs of shoes. Yes, I said 80. (Feel free to ask more questions about that…) I’ve always been the type to have one pair of running shoes that I’d wear until I wore them out. I’d let them get to the point where there was hardly any tread left, and then I’d go buy the exact same ones. Until I met Kim and Dave…
Kim and Dave are two people that I’m very close to that happen to match everything that they are wearing with their shoes at all times. I mean everything. Kim will match her outfit down to her sports bra!!!! Dave will be walking around his house in a bright yellow t-shirt, and even his flip flops match his shirt. They have this little science DOWN.
Me on the other hand, I never cared. All I cared about was whether or not I was comfortable running – NOT what I looked like. Again..until Kim and Dave…
I learned a phrase from Dave – Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good. I mean – it’s true isn’t it? If you look good and feel good about what you’re wearing in your own clothes and your own skin, you’re going to be your best.
Since this newly found hobby I’ve acquired, I’ve had a lot of fun creating workout outfits. I think I now have 4 maaaaybe 5 pairs of athletic shoes – 2 of which are my running shoes. There’s just nothing like finding a new pair of Lulus then pairing them with shoes that pull the whole outfit together – viola!
I have noticed a lot of my ah-mazing clients doing the same thing lately. Maybe everyone has always done this and my eyes have just been opened. 🙂 Some of them are even matching down to the ponytail holder, and they look GREAT. (You can’t see a lot of their shoes in the pic, but most of them are matching!)
Too expensive you say? You think you can’t afford new shoes? Well, I’ve got news for you – you can. There are a ton of deals out there. I love Nike, and the Nike Factory Outlet in Opry Mills is AWESOME. I got a pair of red shoes there for only $40!! You can find some great deals on shoes online too – you just have to look. Obviously I’m a Lulu girl, but Target, TJ Maxx and Athleta all have some great workout clothes and you can find some good deals.
So, if you’ve had your eye on that new Lulu tank or headband, and you’re looking for a sign – this is it!!! Go get it!! And remember – if you look good, you’ll feel good, and then you’ll want to play good!