I have a bunch of avocados and needed to get rid of them before they went bad, so DUH make something sweet with them!!! I used to make these all of the time and decided to look up a new recipe and put my own twist on it yesterday, so that’s exactly what I did! I found the original recipe on Athletic Avocado and added a little twist. I’ll have to dig up my old original recipe because it was a bit different, but I love this one because it’s VEGAN!
This is a perfect snack, breakfast or quick treat. I added berries and a scoop of coconut cream and it was just perfection. Happy 4th of July everyone!!!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 avocado, seed removed and flesh scooped out
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup of gluten free oats
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla syrup (optional)
- 1/3-1/2 cup Good Life dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with silicon baking cups.
- Puree avocado and banana in food processor.
- Add in all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and combine.
- Add batter to a bowl and mix in chocolate chips
- Divide batter among 9 baking cups and bake for 20 minutes or until done. I like to under-bake mine a bit so that they are super moist.