I got some fresh peaches from the Peach Truck this week, and when you get those fresh peaches, it is a HUGE must to use them and use them wisely. They are really THE BEST peaches that I’ve ever had, and deserve to be in something fabulous. I will say that I had a hard time not eating every last one while cutting them to use in this crumble.
I found this recipe on Yummly and didn’t have some of the spices, so I adapted it a bit. You might want to check out the original as well, but this was pretty darn tasty. I think using different types of fruits could be fun as well, but the fresh peaches were just heaven. Totally vegan, totally awesome and totally natural.
- 2-4 peaches depending on size
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or cardamom
- 11/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 5 tbsps coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (freshly)
- 1 pinch salt
Banana Ice Cream
1-2 Frozen bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Spray a cast-iron skillet or a pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss the fruit filling ingredients. Spread the fruit in the skillet or pie dish.
- In another medium bowl, mix the oat streusel ingredients together. I used my hands to mix and squeeze the ingredients together, so that I can get more clumps in the topping. Spread oat mixture over the fruit until the entire surface is covered.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the fruit juices are bubbling.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- While cooling, take your bananas out of the freezer and place into a food processor. Process until smooth!