These are a whole new level of WHOA. All natural, healthy and sure to satisfy a sweet tooth!!! The base is a paleo banana donut and it’s topped with espresso chocolate and coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt. I have no more words. 🙂 Well, except that I got the original recipe from PaleOMG and adapted a bit. What a great site!! Go make these little nuggets -I mean – these are WHOA!!!!!!!!
- 3 bananas
- 5 dates, pitted – I actually didn’t have dates, so I used 2 tbs almond butter!
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (1 -2 more tbs coconut oil for frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoons ground espresso (or coffee)
- coarse sea salt (to top donuts-optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bananas, honey, and dates (or almond butter) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the eggs, coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt to your food processor and puree until completely combined.
- Grease your donut pan and pour ingredients into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (poke a toothpick through one to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool. I placed mine in the freezer for a bit because I have zero patience and wanted those puppies to cool so I could frost them! 🙂
- Once donuts are cool, melt another 1-2 tbs of coconut oil in a skillet then melt your chocolate in and mix in your ground coffee.
- Now dip the top of your donut directly into the melted chocolate, then top with a bit of coarse sea salt.