These things are rich and decadent!!! Like whoa. They really turned out beautifully and would make a great dish to take as a gift or to a party. All natural and no refined sugar at all. You don’t want to sit and eat the whole pan (well, maybe you do…), but you don’t have to feel as guilty with these types of desserts. I found this recipe on Rawmazing which has some amazing (hence the name) raw recipes, so check it out!
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch Himalayan salt
1. Whisk all ingredients together and pour into oiled, parchment lined 8 x 8-inch glass pan. Set in refrigerator aside making topping. The bottom layer should be set up (but not completely hard) before adding the next layer.
- 2 cups of dried, unsweetened, raw coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic almond flavoring (not raw) – I didn’t have this, so I just left it out
1. Place coconut in medium bowl.
2. Whisk coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil), agave and almond flavor. Pour over coconut and mix well.
3. Pat over first layer, top with chopped almonds and ganache. (see below)
4. Refrigerate to set.
1/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped – I actually roasted my almonds as well as a little coconut and put that on the top as well – can’t have too much of that stuff. 🙂
Ganache (recipe here)