This is some GOOD STUFF! Not to mention how pretty and marbly it comes out. We are on the edge of fall, and I’m already thinking ahead for the holidays…this would make such a pretty gift!! My clients better watch out – this might be what they get for Christmas. 🙂 I whipped this up for breakfast one morning, but I’m telling you a lot of this paleo stuff gets better over the next few days if you put them in a ziplock and let them sit. You don’t have to have the chocolate chips on this one, but I’m always a fan of more chocolate. Heehehee… This was such a delicious, easy and healthy start to the day, and makes for a great snack too! I found the original recipe on Living Healthy With Chocolate. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups almond flour – you can use almond meal or coconut flour as well (I used coconut flour)
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1½ cups bananas
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- in a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt
- Add the bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, egg and honey to a food processor and pulse to combine ingredients
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix to form a batter. Be careful not to over mix or the batter will become oily and dense.
- Divide the batter in half. Add the cacao powder and chocolate chips to half and pour into the bottom of an 8½” x 4½”-inch medium loaf pan greased or lined with parchment paper
- Spoon remaining batter on top and bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Approx 30-45 min depending on your oven.