These are YUMMMMMM!!!!! I mean – you will be in awe that healthy could taste THIS good!! I’m telling you…this may change your life – make them and put them in a ziplock baggie and let them sit overnight – holy chocolate wonderfulness!!! I’ve found with a lot of these natural baked goods – if you put them in a baggie – they just keep getting better over the next couple of days. I got this recipe from PaleOMG, which has a plethora of ah-mazing paleo, all natural dishes and desserts. Check it out!
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (equal to 1.5 cups shredded zucchini)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup sunbutter (or nutbutter if you prefer) – I used almond butter
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- chocolate chips (optional) – I put these in, but honestly I don’t think it needs it! Save the calories!!
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- So you first need to shred your zucchini. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor or take the long and boring route using a cheese grater. Whichever works. I basically just put everything in my Ninja and blended! 🙂
- If you see a lot of excess water from the zucchini, you need to remove the excess liquid. And zucchinis sometimes have a lot of it. You can place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini then squeezed. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Genius. (I didn’t need to do this step, but you may want to!)
- Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels water-less.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a deep chocolate color.
- Pour your ingredients into a loaf pan or mini loaf pans. Make sure to spray with coconut oil.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when you poke it. Mine took almost 35 minutes to completely cook through.
- Let cool, cut and serve!