This is a super easy, flavorful, and quick, healthy recipe!! (I just can’t use enough adjectives for this one!) Colorful is also a good one. 🙂 You can stuff these peppers with any kind of ground meat – turkey, bison, add bacon – the options are limitless… I happened to have some bison meat left over from my burger so I put it to good use! I have leftovers for tomorrow and can’t wait to eat them. This quick. little dish is a winner, and also makes a great appetizer. I used small sweet peppers from the farmer’s market, which would make for a great appetizer portion. Mmmmmm!!!
- 3-5 Bell peppers cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 lb Ground meat
- Sliced tomatoes (to taste)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Onion (optional)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Fresh or ground basil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish with coconut oil spray. Clean and cut your bell peppers. After slicing them, place them face down on the baking pan and roast 10-15 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Stir in the ground meat, salt, and pepper and cook until meat is browned. Add in the tomatoes and basil and mix in.
- Place the peppers upright in the baking dish and spoon the meat mixture into the center of each. Serve as is or bake a bit longer to let the juices seep into the peppers. Serve warm sprinkled with chopped parsley.