Monday was St. Patty’s so I decided to celebrate by taking some of the greens in my fridge and making them into a salad! It’s so simple and fresh! I just took the dressing recipe from the salad below and tossed it with that at the end. I love the earthy taste of the brussels mixed with this dressing, but it was “too healthy” tasting for Dave so he added some Asian sesame dressing to it. (Always an option!)
1 bag of Trader Joe’s brussels sprouts (chopped)
1 carton of Trader Joe’s edamame
1/3 cup of almonds (toasted)
Garlic , 2 cloves minced
Lemon, zest and juice
1. Put a little olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and once that has started to cook for a couple of minutes, add in the brussels and the edamame.
3. If you want a more citrusy taste – zest 1/3 of the lemon into the pan as well and add half of the lemon’s juice.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Prepare a bowl with a heap of spinach.
6. Once the sprouts and edamame have cooked down (you want them not mushy but not too crunchy) add them into the spinach with the almonds. At this point, if you’re using the dressing below – add in the dressing and mix well. Finish with a little more lemon juice and pepper. Add chicken too!! I served this as a side, but it would be AMAZING with chicken!
Lemon Honey Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more to drizzle on at the end)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (plus a little more to squeeze on at the end)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt & pepper