This is the “I can’t quit you salad” for me!! Seriously, I couldn’t stop. Refreshing, flavorful, beautiful and filing!! Spring is around the corner and this fresh salad is the perfect way to ring it in one evening. I also served the dressing on the side then ate leftovers the next day – SO good. The homemade dressing is ah-mazing. I mean, you could make that and keep a bottle in the fridge for other salads… just a thought. 🙂 I hope you enjoy this one! This is yet another one I took from the amazing Love and Lemons food blog.
- 1 1/2 c cooked quinoa (3/4 c uncooked, plus 1 1/2 c water)
- 3/4 c sliced strawberries (about 5-6 large strawberries)
- 1/2 c chopped or crumbled feta
- 1/4 c chopped mint
- 1/4 c chopped scallions (green and white parts) (optional)
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 c baby salad greens – I used spinach
Lemon Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more to drizzle on at the end)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (plus a little more to squeeze on at the end)
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt & pepper
- Cook your quinoa. I like this method.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and pour on the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. I added a final squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- This is the kind of salad that gets better as it sits and the flavors mesh together… so if you have the patience, let it chill for 15-20 minutes before serving. Make extra if you want leftovers for lunch the next day.