A couple of days ago, my sweet friend and client Dawn dropped off some fresh veggies and left them on my doorstep from her friend’s garden. One of the veggies she left me was a zucchini, so naturally – I HAD to make some chocolate chip bread with it. Now that I’m off Whole30, I’m back to baking a little bit…and although I felt way better on Whole30, it’s nice to have a sweet treat around the house.
I found the original recipe on Well Plated, and just made a few adjustments to take out extra sugar and add a little more natural sugar. No maple syrup or honey at all!!!
This makes a perfect breakfast, snack or even something great to give as a gift! The dark chocolate morsels really made a difference too with how rich it came across.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (from about 1 medium zucchini)
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 4 dates
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into chunks or morsels
- Preheat the oven 350F. Line a 8×8-inch baking pan or spray with coconut oil spray.
- Place the shredded zucchini between two paper towels and press out as much water as possible. You can also place it over a sieve and press a paper towel on the top to dry it. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except the dark chocolate into a food processor and process until smooth. After the ingredients have been mixed thoroughly, fold in the chocolate chips. You can put 3/4s of the chocolate in and save some for the top as well if you’d like!
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes,