It’s Day 25 of Whole30. I have to admit, I haven’t been following all of the rules… I eat WAY more than 3 times a day, and I eat WAY more fruit and WAY more almond butter and WAYYYY more Larabars than I’m supposed to. Oops. Maybe I’ve also baked “bread.” Oops I did it again. (I can’t wait to share the bread with you all – it’s kind of amazing.)
I have learned a lot in the last 25 days. I plan to do a big blog on this once the 30 days are totally up, but I have a funny feeling that I’ll kind of continue on this program for awhile. The changes are quite dramatic – from sleeping, to what time I get up, to the energy I have all day, to clarity on all fronts… it’s kind of incredible.
One of my favorite things about this program is BREAKFAST. I’ve never been a big breakfast person, except for brunch – I love a good brunch, but I have so enjoyed finding new ways to enjoy a meal that is oh so important.
This morning, I made a super simple omelet, and it was heavenly.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of onions diced
- 1/2-1 Aidell’s chicken apple sausage
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- A little basil to your liking 🙂
- Salt and pepper
- Spray a pan over medium heat with coconut oil spray. Slice your sausage and sauté your vegetables until they become soft and cooked through.
- When your veggies are almost done – heat a larger skillet over medium heat and also spray with coconut oil spray.
- Crack your eggs and whisk together. Pour the eggs in and let them fill the bottom of the pan. Then, just let them cook a few minutes until you can easily peel the eggs away from the plate.
- I transferred my eggs onto a serving plate before putting in the veggies and sausage so I wouldn’t break it on the way over. (I broke the edge a little), but this plan worked!
- Place the veggies on side, sprinkle the chopped basil and fold over! Finish with salt and pepper. Ta-da!!