I only have a couple of more days to enjoy sweets before I say goodbye for a month! We are making it a tradition to do No Sweets and No Shopping for the month of January to kick off the new year by saving money and saving calories!! I end up with a little more moolah and a little bit healthier at the end of the month. Wanna join? Come on!
But in the meantime… I will enjoy a little more chocolate, and what better way to enjoy chocolate other than CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES??!! There is nothing better. I’ve decided my heaven will be full of dogs and chocolate. Can’t get better than that.
I found the original recipe on Bakerita, and made a few changes to it. I’m pretty sure if you gave someone this cookie – they would not know it was gluten free, and would never guess it was paleo. Go ahead and try it. I dare you. These taste like the REAL DEAL. I wanted a tall, cold glass of milk to go with these little guys. (I only have vanilla almond milk and coconut creamer in my fridge, so it was a no-go). But go ahead and try these out. You’ll want to eat 10 just like normal chocolate chip cookies, but at least with these, you may feel a little less guilty. 🙂
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup oats (gluten free preferably)
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Beat or food process the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, oats, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. For best results – cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time.
- After refrigerating, use a cookie scoop to form cookies and press down slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.