I saw this recipe on the blog Love and Lemons and was verrrry intrigued by it, so I decided to add a couple of things to it and try it out! I must say – I wasn’t disappointed in the least. In fact, it’s almost midnight and I’m tempted to get up and make this RIGHT NOW.
This was such a great, refreshing, simple snack and could also be a great appetizer. She did a little different from me and I think she probably made it more savory, so make sure to check out the original recipe. I think I might have to try out the original myself tomorrow!
This can be lunch, an app, dessert, a snack… so many things! Simple, easy and delicious!!
- sliced strawberries
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- toasted bread (pictured: Trader Joe’s sprouted bread)
- ripe avocado
- fresh basil
- chia seeds
- Toast the bread. Slice your avocado in half and then spread it onto the bread.
- While the bread is toasting, slice your strawberries. (option to drizzle with balsamic and let sit for a few minutes as well).
- Top toasts with basil, strawberries, a sprinkle of chia seeds and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.