This gorgeous bread is so good right out of the oven or the next day or the next or even the next day! I’ve made this with chocolate chips and sweetened up in this picture with some blueberries. You really can’t go wrong! It’s a great breakfast treat or a snack, and it’s guilt free. Feed this to anyone and they won’t complain that it’s “healthy.”
I found the original recipe on Healthy Food For Living, and really didn’t change much at all, so go for it!
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour – I didn’t have enough, so I used 1/4 coconut flour and 1/2 GF flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup well-mashed overripe banana (2 large or 3 medium bananas with black skins)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (or an equal amount of dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (almond flour through salt).
- In another large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk in mashed banana.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry and stir until fully combined. Fold in shredded coconut or add-ins of your choice.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan. The batter will be rather thick.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove bread from the pan and transfer to a wire to cool completely.