Kebabs or kebobs? I’ve seen both… So, I went with both. Which one do you use?
It was boys night out so Zoe and I stayed in tonight and made dinner. I love getting a new dish or pan or waffle iron or some kind of new contraption for the kitchen. Recently I purchased a cast iron grill pan, and it’s already changed my life. Although you don’t get the charcoally taste from a real grill, the grill pan is simply amazing. Especially when it’s below freezing outside. It’s just so much easier all around!
I found the recipe for the salmon and pesto on The Daily Burn’s app under nutrition. I made a few additions, but overall stuck to the recipe. They have some GREAT stuff that I’m really looking forward to trying! I had a head of cauliflower that needed to be used, and how good does salmon and rice sound? Perfection. This recipe is quick, easy and delicious!!
Ingredients – Salmon
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 0.25 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
Ingredients – Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil
- After thoroughly washing basil, place in food processor with garlic. Process on high until well blended. Then add cheese and olive oil and process on high again until a smooth paste forms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and chop your cauliflower up to fit in your food processor. Pulse or process until the consistency turns to “rice.”
- Heat a pan over medium heat with 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Remove the rice from the processor and put into the heated pan. Sauté with coconut oil, salt and pepper – I actually add some garlic salt to mine – until soft. Leave over low heat and prepare your salmon.
- Cut 1-inch pieces of salmon and thread onto skewers. Drizzle olive oil over fish and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the skewers over a medium-high grill. Grill for 1 minute on each side, until cooked.
- I added a squirt of lemon over the salmon while grilling.
- Remove from heat and spread pesto on salmon. Plate and serve. Add more lemon over the whole dish if desired.
Nutrition Facts for Salmon
- per 1 serving
- 175 cal
- 11.9 g fat (1.7 g sat)
- 118 mg sodium
- 22 g protein
2 thoughts on “Grilled Salmon Kebobs or Kebabs :) with Parmesan Pesto and Cauliflower Rice”
Don’t know how to spell them either but these look great. Thanks for sharing!
Hahaa! Thanks for reading! And yeah – who really cares how it’s spelled?! Tastes sooooo good!