Okay. I don’t even know where to begin with these things. I’ll start by saying I got the recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, and she is my hero after this one. This I think is my new favorite dessert, and I didn’t change a thing. Well, I might have added REAL icing out of a can and more sprinkles on top. Oops. Sorry, I’m not sorry. I think a good alternative would be the white chocolate glaze that I added to the last donuts I posted, which is below and super simple.
Do yourself a favor and make this for you, your kids, or again – just for YOU. In fact, I think it’s time to go ice up another one in honor of the ice day we had today! So. Good.
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pure organic applesauce
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup sprinkles or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate of choice – white chocolate would be really good!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth
- Add optional sprinkles or chocolate chips
- Pour into sprayed donut tin
- Bake on 350 for about 15 minutes
- Remove and let cook on cooling rack
- Optional: Once cooled, add glaze: melt chocolate, mix in oil, and drizzle over or dip donuts