I don’t know what got into me, but I had the hankerin’ to make some donuts. Well, that and I needed to use up some white chocolate that I had sitting around… So, naturally I decided that having a white chocolate glaze would be a fabulous idea!!
I found the recipe for the donuts on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen, and they are pretty much perfect. I just added my white chocolate glaze, which is super simple and a great addition to this yummy donut!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tsp coconut flour
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
White Chocolate Glaze
- 2/3-1 cup of white chocolate
- 1-2 tbs of coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients
3. In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients
5. Grease donut pans and pour batter into pans
6. Bake for about 15 minutes until donuts are firm.
7. When the donuts are cooled – heat the coconut oil and white chocolate on the stove over low heat – stirring constantly so not to burn.
8. Make sure that the donuts are cool and carefully dip the top into the glaze. Let them sit so that the glaze sets or put them in the fridge to harden the glaze up. Enjoy!