I wasn’t planning on making dinner tonight, but the fire got lit, and I went for it! I had some chicken that needed cooking and some sweet potatoes that needed baking, so I googled, and BOOM – of course I find an insane amazing recipe on PaleOMG. I made a couple of adjustments to her original, so make sure to check out hers. I have to say that mine was pretty darn tasty too!
This recipe really has everything going on – sweet, spicy, chicken, potatoes… It just needs a side of chocolate, and it literally would be perfect. 🙂
- 1-3 medium, round sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 TBS canned coconut cream
- 1 TBS coconut milk
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- Sprinkle of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- couple tablespoons of oil, to grease the pan (coconut oil, etc.)
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 green or 1/2 of each is what I did
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- small handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- handful of chopped roasted cashews
- Poke a few holes in your sweet potatoes and place in the microwave. Microwave one side 4-6 minutes depending on how big the potato is.
- Place coconut milk, almond butter, coconut amines, garlic sauce, sesame oil, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic clove and salt in a blender and puree until well mixed
- Place a small amount of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped chicken, peppers and sprinkle with garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 7 minutes then add green onions and the sauce and mix well with the chicken making sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While your chicken is cooking, place a handful of cashews on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for a few minutes – pay attention so they don’t burn!
- Cut all 3 sweet potatoes down the middle, fill with the chicken mixture, top with cilantro and cashews.