One of my clients and friends sent me a recipe for avocado chocolate pudding, and she said it was delish!! Two of my favorite things in one dish? Yes, please.
I decided to take it one step further and add in some mushy nanners that I needed to get rid of. Brilliant idea is all I can say! I googled and found a recipe on Oh Snap that I loosely followed. I kind of just pour it all in and when it tastes good, then I’m good. So, if you want to add more or less of something – by all means – do it!
This is a PERFECT treat for anyone – kids and adults alike. It’s got great nutrition and will satisfy that sweet tooth in a very healthy way!
- 1 large ripe avocado or I used 1.5 small ones
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp honey or more to taste depending on how sweet you want it
- Sprinkle of chocolate chips (optional, but not really. 🙂
Optional step: You might want to put your avocado and bananas in the fridge to make sure they are chilled for some time before. If not, you can also always chill your pudding after you’re done making it.
1. Half your avocado, remove the pit and skin. Cut it up in to a few pieces so it fits in to your blending device (next step).
2. Peel your bananas, and slice it in to pieces.
3. Throw your avocado, banana pieces, cocoa powder, and honey (if using) in your food processor or blender.
4. After you blend – if you want to make it more ‘liquidy’ then I add coconut milk and blend some more. I like mine thick, so I didn’t add any.
5. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top and enjoy!