I couldn’t help but add every picture I took of this beautiful bread!! Sometimes, you just need carbs, and there’s no better way to get them than to MAKE THEM FROM SCRATCH. This is an amazing bread that you can use for sandwich bread or just slice it up and snack on it. It’s completely natural, and you know every ingredient going into it! THAT is what eating healthy is about, my friends!!! Non-processed, all natural, the real deal – BAM!!!!! So. Good.
I got the recipe from Paleo Grubs, and didn’t change a thing!!
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal ( I do think you could sub almond meal if you don’t have flaxseed)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar together with a hand blender.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until browned and completely set. Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
3 thoughts on “Paleo Sandwich Bread”
Interesting, did it taste almondy?
It doesn’t taste like – whoa, there’s almond butter in there…it’s got a slight nutty taste, but actually has almost a wheat bread taste to it. I think the flaxseed meal really gives it an earthy taste mixed with the almond butter and honey – it’s almost like a honey wheat! Love it!
Hrm, pretty cool ill have to give that a try