Spicy Turkey Chili with Greek Yogurt
Paleo Pumpkin Biscuits
What more could you want than football, chili and something pumpkin when it’s a cool, fall/wintery rainy, Sunday night? Ummm…nothing, nada, zilch. I found the chili recipe on Allrecipes, and used turkey and turkey sausage instead of bison because I couldn’t find any bison at the market I was at! The original chili recipe is paleo, but it was quite spicy, so I added some Greek yogurt to cut the spiciness. Perfect.
To go perfectly with the chili I found a beautiful recipe for paleo pumpkin biscuits, and I literally cannot stop eating these things!! These are so good that I’m going to make these for Thanksgiving as well. I mean – SO good. They are almost dessert-ish too. Throw some butter and honey on – mmmmm, but they don’t even need that! I found this on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen – check out this blog – amazing recipes on there!! I changed a few things from the original recipe based on what I had available, but oh so good!
Spicy Turkey Chili With Greek Yogurt
-1 1/2 tbs coconut oil
-2 cups of chopped bell peppers
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-1 lb ground turkey
-1/2 lb turkey sausage – I got cranberry turkey sausage from Trader Joe’s
– 1/2 tbs chipotle chili powder
-1 tbs ground cumin
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 tsp worchester sauce
-1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
– salt and pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir bell peppers until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir garlic into mixture and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir turkey and sausage into the garlic mixture. Cook and stir until meat is cooked and crumbly, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, oregano, cocoa powder, and Worcestershire sauce into the bison mixture; add crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until flavors are blended, 10 minutes.
Paleo Pumpkin Biscuits
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt, more to taste
- 1-2 Tbs of honey (optional) if you want it sweeter
- 1/4 cup organic canned pumpkin (OR unsweetened applesauce)**
- 1 organic egg
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter, cold or room temperature (not melted)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients and whisk together to combine
- Line a baking sheet with baking lineror parchment paper
- Roll dough into balls (does not have to be perfect)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and flakey