Breakfast or dinner – this is a winner!!! I paired this with baked salmon and my “Better Than Tavern’s Kale Salad,” and it made an amazing side dish! You can also whip this up for breakfast too. Add onions if you so desire, hot sauce and jalapenos if you like it spicy. Even without those, this dish has a TON of flavor! Use more of the chili powder and cumin if you want – I kind of just dump it on and don’t really measure these days. 🙂 I found the original recipe on Paleoholic but really made this one my own based on my taste and what I had in my kitchen. Play with your food, friends!! Enjoy!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 fried eggs
- coconut oil
- Heat 3 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Mix together sweet potato, coconut oil, cumin, and chili powder in a large bowl.
- Roast in a pan for 30 Minutes until tender at 450 degrees or sauté it in a pan (which is what I did). Roasting could give it more flavor though – so that might be a good way to go.
- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil in skillet. Add green pepper and saute over medium heat until lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or more stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper. Cook until peppers are crisp and tender.
- When sweet potatoes are roasted, add them to the pepper mixture and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over.
- Fry eggs in separate skillet. (I actually used the same skillet that I sautéed the green peppers and garlic in!)
- Just before serving add cilantro and more lemon if you want!