Well, even though cherry season is coming to an end – that doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying them! I debated on using fresh cherries for these nanner breads, but I went with some of Trader Joe’s dried cherries, and they were de-lish! Notice the first little bread is different from the rest… well, I happened to make some almond joys on this day and had some extra melted chocolate, so I decided to swirl some of it in a couple…ummmm – not a bad idea! So, if you’d rather melt the chocolate chips and swirl it in, feel free – it was nothing less than ah-mazing. 🙂
- 2-3 ripe bananas (approx 1 cup mashed)
- 4 Tbls butter softened – I used coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c light brown sugar – I used coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour or Coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped or halved cherries (if using frozen, thaw first and pat dry with paper towel) I used Trader Joe’s dried cherries
- 2 Tbls flour – GF flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Peel and mash the bananas.
- Stir in the egg, butter, Greek yogurt, sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Combine one cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Toss cherries with two tablespoons of flour and fold into batter.
- Grease and flour a 9 in x 5 in loaf pan and then pour the mixture in.
- Let the bread bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.
6 thoughts on “GF Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread”
Can I add strawberries instead of cherries?
Absolutely Ema! I would think any kind of berries would be a great fit in this little bread!
M trying this out today 🙂
Let me know how they turn out!!
Look at all of those lovely loafs! I’ll take one, please!
Or 2 or 3 or 4… 🙂 Thank you!!