It’s peach season, so I’ve been trying to take advantage of the fresh peaches available!! They are soooo good on their own, but why not use them in baking and cooking too? I always have some bananas that need to be used, so I found this awesome recipe on Ambitious Kitchen that combines all of these great ingredients I had laying around! Mmmm, mmm, good!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup finely diced peaches (about 2 peaches), plus about 8-10 thin peach slices for topping
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping – I used coconut sugar!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain vanilla greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, oil, 1/2 cup sugar until well combined. Add vanilla and egg and whisk again until well combined. Whisk in diced peaches. Add in dry ingredients and yogurt alternatively, folding together well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with thinly sliced peaches and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top. Dust lightly with cinnamon. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or toothpick comes out almost clean in center.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan gently and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely. Cut into thick slices and enjoy! It’s even better the next day!