As I mentioned in my “Life is a Peach” blog, I bought some fresh peaches this week from the farmer’s market and had to put them to use! I found this recipe on Cook Eat Paleo, and these little suckers right out of the oven are GREAT! They stay fresh a couple of days and really have an earthy, naturally sweet taste. This is a great summer recipe!!
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, fine ground
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2-1 cup of slivered coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold in peaches and coconut.
- Use a large ice cream or cookie scoop to fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Top with a bit of coconut on top of each.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.