I don’t have words for this one. When I was baking these it smelled like buttery raspberry pie… Needless to say this has NO butter but tastes JUST as good. I’ve been getting a lot of my recipes from another blog – Love and Lemons – ah-mazing. Usually I take their recipes and tweak them a bit to what I have available and always add protein, but this one is straight from them! Trust me – you will not be disappointed!!! Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (hardened)
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat, spelt, or gf oat flour)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (or so) raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 5×7 baking dish (or equivalent size) with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the coconut oil, flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until it’s crumbly like wet sand.
- Take 3/4 of the crumbly mix and press it into the bottom of the pan. Bake the bottom crust for 10-15 minutes or until the edges turn lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- If necessary – add a tiny bit of water to the remaining crumbly mix (which will be your topping), and mix it gently with your hands so it forms thicker crumbles.
- When your crust is cool to the touch, spread a layer of raspberry jam, and crumble on the topping. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, carefully lift out parchment and slice.