I had my beautiful friend and fellow runner/fitness enthusiast/trainer over for dinner this weekend. We ended up running errands all day and ran to the store to get some food for me to throw together. I found a recipe for something similar and changed a few things around, but I cannot find it, so I’ll do my best to recreate it for you. And let me tell you – YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN THIS ONE!!! This is also a gluten free one for you and full of flavor!!!!
1-2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup peas (can be frozen)
1 bunch of asparagus (meaty parts only)
Chicken (already cooked)
Red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prepare spaghetti squash and set aside.
2. Mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil and the zest of one lemon together and set aside. Add in some salt and pepper.
3. In a skillet on medium heat – put a bit of oil in a pan and the minced garlic cloves. Add in the peas and the asparagus. As they start to cook, add in the chicken to heat it up and squeeze the juice of the lemon that you zested in. Also add in about half of the olive oil and continuing cooking. I also like to add in a good amount of pepper at this stage.
4. Pull the skillet off the heat before the veggies start to get mushy. You want them to have a nice crunch. Mix in the spinach and let it wilt a bit.
5. Add in spaghetti squash and pour the rest of the olive oil in and mix well. Chop the basil and mix it in as well to taste. I like to use a pretty good amount.
6. Serve in a bowl topped with red pepper flakes and fresh parmesan cheese and cherry tomatoes if you want!! YUMMMMMMM!!!!
Here’s the beautiful Rhandee enjoying her home cooked healthy yummy!!