These little guys are IN….SANE. Totally gluten free, and I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter instead of real butter to cut a few calories. I also like to use the Trader Joes Rolled Oats (see pic above) – those seem to work better than regular old oats. This recipe is super simple. Throw it all together, and bake at 350. They can be kind of crumbly so be careful when you take them off the pan. It’s best to let them cool a bit before trying to remove them. Let me know how you like these little beauties!
- 5 tablespoons (70 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (164 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs (120 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 2 cups (200 g) gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, place the butter, sugar and salt, and mix vigorously to combine well. Add the eggs, and mix again to combine well. Add the oats and mix to combine. The dough will be relatively thick but soft. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonful on the prepared baking sheet, each about 1 1/2 inches apart from the next cookie. Place the baking sheet in the freezer to chill for 5 minutes, and then place the cookies in the center of the preheated oven. Bake until lightly browned on the underside and mostly set (about 12 minutes). The cookies do not change a lot in appearance during baking, except on the underside. Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the baking sheet until set (at least 10 minutes). If you attempt to move the cookies before they are set, they won’t hold together well.