Seriously this is one of THE best cookies I’ve ever put in my mouth. I found this amazing recipe on the blog Ambitious Kitchen. If you try it RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN you’re life will be changed. So delicious, gooey, gluten free and not bad for you! What more could you want?!?
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats (I used Trader Joe’s gluten free oats)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ***(I used Trader Joe’s gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened is fine)
- 3.5 oz semi-sweet 60% chocolate, coarsely chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 2 teaspoons milk (I used skim)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer beat together melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg, milk and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until well combined. Slowly add in coconut and chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough with cookie scoop or by large rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges just being to turn a golden brown. Do not over bake; we don’t want crispy cookies! Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 2 dozen.