This salad is winner! Fresh, bright and beautiful! The original recipe is from the blog Love and Lemons – they also added chickpeas and chives, so add those in if you want! If you’re a fan of cumin, you’ll love the dressing. I personally like it sweeter so I would use less cumin and a little more honey! Mmmmmm…
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- a few big handfuls of arugula
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup edamame
- chicken (I use Trader Joe’s Simply Roasted Chicken)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (vegan sub: a big squeeze of orange)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt & pepper
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss togehter the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, arugula, avocado and dried apricots. Drizzle in the dressing and toss again. Top the salad with chopped almond.Taste and adjust seasonings.