There just nothin’ like a good muffin! I’ve been on a little muffin kick lately – trying to perfect some of my paleo muffins, and I have to say…drumroll please…I did it!!! I think you could put blueberries or chocolate chips in the base of this little guy, and they would probably be pretty darn rockin’. Stand by – I will try this out for you and report back. 🙂
This muff makes a great breakfast or snack, and slap some butter on it, and BAM – heaven. Let me know if you try this recipe out and how you like it!
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 Tbs almond butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raisins (or more depending on how raisiny you want it)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 6-12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- Put the oats in a food processor and process until it becomes like flour.
- Add in all other ingredients except the raisins and mix well.
- Fold in the raisins, and feel free to add in more if you want!
- Once the raisins are mixed into the batter, spoon out the batter and fill each muffin tin 3/4 way full. Let them bake for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of the muffin.
One thought on “Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Muffins”
Thank you for this instructive Oatmeal Raisin Muffins recipe. I will certainly give it a try.
Actually, I have put together this infographic about What to eat on the Paleo Diet on my blog.
Again, thank you for this recipe!