If every Whole30 meal is as good as this one – I’M IN FOR LIFE!!!
I had a tuna steak that I bought at Kroger for $4.40, and after Day 1’s roasted veggies with balsamic glaze and this cauliflower rice – I did a spin on the glaze, and made the rice again!!
I’m not going to bore you with a lot of mumbo jumbo – I’m just going to get right to the food!!
Seared Tuna Steak
- Warm a burner to medium heat and add a little ghee into the pan to coat the bottom.
- Season your tuna steak with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan has heated up, sear the tuna on both sides 1/2-4 minutes each side depending on how you like it cooked.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
I found the original recipe on Skinny Taste, but changed a few things. Check the original though!
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- coconut oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion chopped
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Chop or food process 1 head of cauliflower. (Trader Joe’s carries bags of cauliflower rice now!!)
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, oil or spray, onions and garlic and sauté about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan. Cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl; toss with fresh cilantro and lime juice to taste.
Orange Balsamic Glaze
- For 1-2 servings – bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup white vinegar to a boil.
- Boil and then turn to medium heat and simmer until it reduces to a glaze.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/4-1/2 of an orange and mix into the glaze before serving.