This. Was. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a simple, clean, easy recipe that’s guaranteed to rock people’s socks off! My socks are literally still not on because this was so good.
I discovered kale sprouts at Trader Joe’s and was so intrigued, I had to get them. They are a hybrid between kale and brussels sprouts. They cook WAY faster than brussels, and I actually like them as much and probably even better! You have to keep an eye on them because they will overcook, but giving them a little crisp will really give them an extra yummy taste. For a little extra awesomeness, fry up an egg and top them off!
The cauliflower was a whole new level, and so very simple. I found this recipe on Allrecipes, and really wouldn’t change a thing. Now, go make this and astound whoever you cook it for with how amazing cauliflower can be!
Roasted Cauliflower Steak
- 1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 4 ‘steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Brush 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the tops of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Cook according to the bag… All I do is roast with olive oil and lemon pepper and boom – it’s done!! Top with a fried egg or eat as is.