I mean – read the title one more time and take it in… I have to say – I had dessert for breakfast and I was NOT mad about it. This is SO good, and a great breakfast, snack or dessert! Obviously you can see by my anxious little toes that I couldn’t wait to get my spoon into this guy!!
This is so simple, and if you have a sweet tooth – it’s a perfect alternative and super tasty! It’s full of protein and all good things!! Try with or without the ice cream, and layering the oats and ice cream would be fabulous. I just didn’t want to wash another dish – haha! (I don’t have a dishwasher.) The ice cream by itself is also a beautiful little treat.
I kind of threw all of this in and of course didn’t measure things, so have some fun – add more or less to your taste!
- 2/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2/3 cup -1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp/dash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 scoop of Cake Batter Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Iso-100)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- One banana frozen
- 2 tbs (or more) cocoa powder
- Add in all of the ingredients for the oats, cover and let sit overnight.
- Freeze your banana and then cream it in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Add in the cocoa powder and boom – you have chocolate ice cream!
- You can make the ice cream in the morning and then layer it with the oats or simply add it in on the top like I did. Don’t let the ice cream sit overnight in with the oats because it’ll turn to mush.
- Top with a sprinkle of coconut.