I found out that having a snow day can be extremely productive. Today, I cleaned, ran 8.5 miles, scheduled clients, worked on programs, made lunch, dinner and these beauties. Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all.
I have a bunch of strawberries that I need to use, so I started searching for something to pair with white chocolate. Rarely do I use fresh fruit in cookies – usually it’s dried, so this was a little different from me, and it was GREAT! If you make these, they all need to be eaten within 2 days. Definitely not a problem for me…I might have eaten 4 of these and then drank milk straight from the container. Oops.
I found the original recipe on My Recipes, and just changed it to make it more natural (minus the chocolate chips) and gluten free. Again, I ate 4. 🙂
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s gluten free flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened – not melted fully
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 -1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 OR MORE cup premium white chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Place sugar and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Add strawberries and chips; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on pan 1 minute. Remove cookies from pan; cool completely on wire racks.