I mentioned I’m giving up sweets and shopping in January, right?! Well, after the Chase-caspade with baking pb banana chocolate muffins, I had a bit of leftovers that I discovered tonight and still 2 mushy nanners that needed to be used. GET IT OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!
I’m actually good with having stuff around and not being tempted. Once I set my mind to something it’s a done deal. But, who’s to say that you can’t enjoy it a bit before you give it all up? 🙂 So, I adapted this recipe from Bakerita and made it my own! This only made 5 or 6 small loaves, so if you want more, double the recipe!
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
Chocolate PB Coconut Drizzle
- chocolate chips 1/4-1/3 cup
- peanut butter chips 1/4 cup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan or a multi-loaf pan as I did, and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the center comes out clean. Cook more if you’re using a loaf pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 1/2 hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- While the bread is cooling – heat the coconut oil, chocolate chips and pb chips over medium heat while continuously stirring until smooth. Once smooth and almost melted, remove from heat and keep stirring.
- Drizzle over bread!!!