Whoa. Like whoa. Did I say whoa? Yeah…whoa. I made this for a friend who came over to chat, and then poof – it was GONE. It. Was. So. Good. Seriously, every time I went into the kitchen – some of it had left the building. (It wasn’t ALL me – I promise.)
I had purchased some cranberries a few days ago to make the brussels salad, and so naturally I had to use the rest and not put them to waste! So, I started googling. And I found a great recipe, and then of course added chocolate chips, because that’s just what I do! I found the original recipe on Primally Inspired, and adapted a few things, and I have to say one more time – whoa. Do yourself a favor and make this one!! I also made the glaze and adapted a bit, but I actually prefer it without the glaze, and you save the calories!
Here’s a pic with the glaze… I mean, really you can’t go wrong!
- 6 eggs
- 1 orange, zested and juiced (about ¼ cup zest and ¼ cup juice) – I actually used 3 clementines because I didn’t have oranges
- ½ can coconut milk – I used Toasted Coconut Almond Milk – soooo good!
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- chocolate chips – optional – as much or as little as you want 🙂
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee(for dairy free use coconut oil) – I used one TBS of butter and 1 TBS of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk – I used the same as above
- 1 orange, juiced and half of it zested (about 2 tablespoons) – I used 2 clementines and zest – again, didn’t have oranges
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the wet loaf ingredients together.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips
- Pour into a greased regular size loaf pan
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until center is cooked through.
- While the loaf is cooking, combine glaze ingredients until well mixed.
- Refrigerate glaze ingredients until loaf is done cooking and has cooled.
- Once loaf is done cooking and has cooled, pour glaze over the loaf.