Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok… so I made the banana bread for a couple of friends who stopped by the house, and we might have sat there and eaten every single last loaf. I mean, there were only 6 and 3 of us… 🙂 They were SO good, and I loved the chocolate cinnamon swirl so much that I decided to make some pumpkin bread for my co-writers on Monday and swirl it on in as well! Both were a hit, I must say! I found the original banana bread recipe on A Girl Worth Saving, and the pumpkin bread on Wellness Mama, so check them out!
For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound/455 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup (125 grams) almond butter
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
FOR THE SWIRL:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (3½ ounces/100 grams) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, oil, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (pumpkin only… check the ingredients)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter (softened)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon – I used 1 TBS of both
- ¼ cup honey or a few drops of stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Using strong whisk or immersion blender (recommend!), mix until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Put into greased muffin tins or an 8×8 baking dish (a regular loaf pan doesn’t work well)- For muffins, I use a ¼ cup measure to make pretty even sized. Batter will be somewhat thick.
- Pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl!
- Bake for 13-18 minutes (muffins) or 20-25 minutes (bread) until lightly browned and set in middle.
One thought on “Paleo Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread and Paleo Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread”
Yeah that picture made me drool a lil, gotta try this.