It’s time to bring out the punkins!!! I went to the pumpkin patch yesterday and even though it doesn’t quite feel like fall outside yet, it’s pretty much pumpkin everything. So, I decided to ride the bandwagon and make these little nuggets of love! They aren’t too sweet, and go great with a cup o’ Joe! I found this recipe on The Frisky Lemon and naturally added chocolate chips. Duh. I also doubled the recipe just to have more to share (and eat myself). Again, duh.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ⅓ cup pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a mini donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut milk, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. If the batter seems a little dry, add another tablespoon of coconut milk. Add the chocolate chips.
- Smush the batter into the donut pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Then try not to eat all of them at once…they’re so cute they’re hard to resist…