I was lucky enough to be invited to dinner where this simple, glorious, fresh herbalicious salad was made, and I just had to share it! This is such a great summertime recipe and super simple and beyond fresh. All of the herbs and dressing are to taste, so feel free to play around with the amounts. The fresher the ingredients, the better this salad will be! Add a protein to it or pair it with chicken or salmon – mmmmm!
- 6 small sweet peppers
- 4 cucumbers (English is preferred)
- 10 tomatoes (cherry or small heirloom) – quartered
- basil (handful)
- parsley (handful)
- lemon – the juice of 2 lemons
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1/8 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
Clean and chop the peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. Chop the basil and parsley and mix in with the peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. Juice 2 lemons and add the red wine vinegar and olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well and serve!