You know I’m a sucker for a good salad, and this one is GOOD! I found the original recipe on Love and Lemons – they did it a little different from me, so make sure to check out the original. I of course added some protein – chicken – as well. Mmm, mmm, mmm! The green herb dressing is delightful!! I used whatever fresh herbs I had available, for both the salad and the dressing and added more of whatever I wanted to the dressing to get it to my liking. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tender tops only
- 1/2 cup peas
- a few handfuls of salad greens
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced mozzarella balls (vegan sub: avocado) – I actually used both!
- handful of chopped, toasted pistachios
- handful of herbs: basil, mint and cilantro
- chicken or your choice of protein (I use Trader Joe’s Simply Roasted Chicken)
- a big handful of basil and mint (I just used whatever fresh herbs I had!)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus some zest
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 (or more) tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (or more to taste) honey
- salt & pepper to taste