OMG. This might actually be my favorite dish that I’ve made thus far… It’s light and rich at the same time, filling and flavorful!!! I found this recipe and tweaked it based on what I had available. I also add more of this and less of that, so play around with it until you’re happy with the taste. Do yourself a favor and try this one out one night!!
- 2 bags of Trader Joe’s Jasmine rice
- 1.25 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- big handful of chopped kale or other wilty greens
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (frozen works fine, thaw it before using)
- 1/4 cup scallions (optional)
- juice & zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (I used more)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, toasted (I used more)
- big handful of cilantro
- Combine rice, coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Cook it, ideally in a rice cooker or on the stovetop. I just put the rice from the bags in a saucepan on the stove with the milk and added the chicken later. I also added a bit of pepper.
- Toast your almonds & coconut flakes (separately) in a small skillet, or in the oven just until they begin to look browned. Set aside.
- Once the rice is nearly done, start your veggies. In a large skillet over low heat, add oil, and garlic. Once it’s fragrant, add the kale, edamame, scallions, few good pinches of salt, and turn the heat up to medium.
- Cook for just a few minutes until the kale starts to wilt down. Add lime juice & zest, and turn the heat off.
- Add the rice to the skillet and give it a good toss and toss in the cilantro. Taste and adjust.
- Top with toasted almonds and toasted coconut flakes and serve.